2. Click on the “Vehicles” tab
4. A new window will open up and you can begin customizing your Vehicle. We’ll start by looking at settings for a Normal Day.
5. Tell WorkWave Route Manager about your Vehicle, how you want to visualize it, and if you want to track it.
B. Pick the color you want the Vehicle to have in the map of your routes.
C. If you have WorkWave Route Manager 360, check the box "Event Tracking" to tell Route Manager that you want this Vehicle to be able to use the WorkWave Route Manager Mobile App in order to check in and out of stops.
6. Using the information you entered in when creating your Depot, you will be able to select which Depots/Locations you want to start and end your Vehicle’s day with.
You can select (None) for your Depot if it does not matter where your Vehicle starts or ends after they leave their last stop.
7. Define the hours of operation for your Vehicle.
Define how long and between what times your Vehicles can start their break. You can have three possible windows - just click the + button. Define in HH:MM
Route Manager will suggest when the break should be in order to maximize efficiency of the route.
Example: You have Orders to serve from 8 AM to 8 PM but you can only work your Vehicle for 7 consecutive hours. Setting 07:00 here will limit that one Vehicle to only 7 hours to this day, pushing other Orders to other Vehicles who started later.
This will limit how many miles(km) your Vehicles can drive in total.
Example: You can drive 200 miles before your Electric car needs to be charged again.
8. Enter your Capacities. Click on the “Capacity” tab.
Here, define the max cargo that your Vehicle is able to carry. You can enter the name of the load or a code generated by your system. You are able to define up to 5 loads at one time.
For more information please see our article about capacity.
Define, in whole numbers, how much of the load this Vehicle can carry. The Planner will never fill it beyond this point.
9. If your fleet is made up of unique Vehicles you can define them with Tags.
Tags are special skills or attributes that make your Vehicles or Drivers more uniquely qualified to take some Orders over others. When you create an Order you’ll be able to either require these skills or ban these tags.
Driver Skill: Speaks Spanish
Vehicle attribute: Heavy Truck, Ladder
You can define these to be whatever you need them to be - so fill in your own! Route Manager is flexible in order to handle it.
Click the "Apply Now" button to save your changes.