One of the most requested features in Viamente Route Planner was the ability to use a real calendar to plan routes.
If you want to plan for a multiday schedule inside of Viamente you need to sit down and figure out how to make your real days equal the Viamente System. In WorkWave Route Manager you can just use real days.
1 and 2. Viamente Route Planner uses a system of numbers to identify what a day is.
Depending on how many days you are planning for, Monday could be a few different numbers. If you were planning a route for the week starting August 30th, 2015 and going until the week ending October 3rd, 2015 you would need to identify Mondays in the following ways:
In WorkWave Route Manager you can just use the real date. Instead of working to meet Route Manager’s format you can use the real date and save yourself a lot of time in the process.
3. In Viamente Route Planner you can only say that an Order can be served on a specific day or (once you’ve converted dates to the Eligible Day numbers) in a range of days. For instance, on day 3 or between 1-5.
In WorkWave Route Manager you can do both of those things (with real dates) and also say do something “by” a certain date. For instance, “by 9/30/2015” means you can serve an Order anytime between the time you upload it and the 30th.
4. Both Viamente Route Planner and WorkWave Route Manager do not have a way to handle recurring Orders. In Viamente, some users were able to re-use their Eligible Day system to create static Orders and re-run some of their routes.
In WorkWave Route Manager you’ll need to re-import those Orders with the dates or date ranges you want the Orders served on. Or use Required Tags to replicate a repeating route
5. Using multiday plans inside of Viamente Route Planner means that you need to exit that plan to go work on a new one.
WorkWave Route Manager uses a rolling calendar so that you can plan new days as the old day’s routes are run. If you need to plan out a whole month ahead of where you are now you can still do that (much like in Viamente) by starting a new simulation.
6. Viamente Route Planner depends on you using the Eligible Day system and figuring out, on a per route plan basis, what days will equal a driver’s day off or holiday.
WorkWave Route Manager gives you the ability to plan for what we call an “Exception”. This can be:
- A standard day off for your Vehicles
- A vacation
- A holiday
- A different Driver
- Any time when the Vehicle won’t be available
You can plan these out ahead of time so that when the calendar date comes around the correct settings are automatically applied.
Being able to plan ahead for Exceptions in your schedule will take more of the load off of you and your staff when the time to plan comes around.
What do I need to do?
- If you use a chart to plan out what real day of the week or month equals Viamente’s Eligible Days, you can stop using it.
- If you configured your CRM or Excel workbook to perform date conversions you can ignore them or turn them off.
- Generate the real dates you need to visit Orders. We accept the following formats:
- MMM D
- MMM D YYY
- United States
- MMM D
- MMM D YYYY
- Build this into your Excel upload.