We only require a file that contains data, but more on that later.
Our Field Mapping feature allows you to tell us what your fields mean - so you don’t need to build something to suit us.
But if you’d like to see a sample as well as breakdowns of what you can do in each field, download one of the templates at the bottom of this page.
Just fill in the information required there and bring the sheet into the system, map it to either Pickup, Delivery, or Service.
Now, in some cases, you may need to tell the Route Manager about where you pick things up and then drop them off. Some users refer to this as routing for an “Origin” and a “Destination”. In Route Manager we refer to it as a “Pickup” and a “Dropoff”.
Only the address (full or broken up) and Service Time fields are necessary - all others can be ignored or deleted from your template
You can add custom columns (Invoice #, Order #)
The order of the rows does not matter
Look at this article for more about What is an Order?
Uploading your template and mapping it is something you’ll only need to do once unless something changes on your end.
Best Practices and Rules for your Files
While you can give us a variety of headers and we're very flexible about getting information in, there are still some things to remember and consider:
- No formulas (vlookups and links included)
- No links to external files
- General or Text formatting
- Only one sheet in a workbook
- Only enough rows and columns for the data you're uploading (so, not a bazillion empty rows or columns) - you can only upload 1,999 rows at one time
- Limit the number of notes/comments you put in custom fields
- No embedded images, audios, etc