- What is a Simulation? What is an Operation?
- Import with Excel and Map your Fields
- Add a Single Order
- Create a Simulation
- Export a Simulation to Operations
WorkWave Route Manager allows you to create repeatable routes that you can execute on as you need them.
Your routing needs may not be dynamic and always changing. In fact, you may rarely ever need to re-shuffle the routes you’re running. This is common in field services like dry cleaning; you have customers you need to visit every Monday, Tuesday, etc with little change except maybe on a quarterly/seasonal/yearly basis.
WorkWave Route Manager can still help you on a day-to-day basis because of its Mobile 360 features. You’ll be able to track Driver behavior, plan around last minute changes, and check your Planned routes vs your Actual routes.
To make a static route, you need to create a Simulation
Create Your Simulation
1. Click your Territory name in the upper left corner of WorkWave Route Manager
2. Click “New Simulation”
6. When your Orders are uploaded with all of your constraints and requirements, build your route.
7. Change your routes, switch them around, reverse them, or anything you need to do to get them to be the way you want them.
8. Route Manager will save your changes as you make them.
9. You'll need to assign Eligibility dates to your Orders that match up with the day of the week you want them served on. This will make sure that your Orders are always served on the same day moving forward.
Do this by first sorting the "Assigned to" column
12. Change the Eligibility field to be "on" and pick the date that the planner chose to route it on.
13. Repeat this for every day you've built routes for.
Export your Routes back to Operations to Run
1. When you need them, click on your Territory name again and open the route plan.
2. Your plan will open in Simulations.
3. Click “Export to Operations”
4. A new box will pop up.
Route Manager will automatically pick the date of the Simulation you opened, but you need to pick the date you want to move the route plan to.
5. Pick the calendar date you need to move the pre-planned route to. Type it in or click the calendar button in the “Export starting from” field.
6. In this example, if you’re planning for Thursday, you’d pick the 19th.
The “Sim days to export” date won’t ever change - it is just telling Route Manager which date to look at for the Simulation. It will keep the date of the day you originally planned the route. The important date is the “Export starting from” date.
Route Manager will automatically change the dates you filled in earlier to match your new weeks.
7. Click “Add”